Cânhamo is a natural insulation material. It is a mix of industrial hemp, hydrated lime, additive and water.
- Uses in new buildings, renovations and restorations.
- Negative CO2 footprint
- When hemp grows, during 12-14 weeks, it absorbs about 4 times the amount of CO2 a full grown-tree.
- Hydrated lime binds with CO2 to harden
- Eco-friendly production
- Easily Recyclable
- Contains high value of silica
- Easy application on site
- Good thermic insulation λ < 0,56 W/mK
- Good acoustic insulation
- Regulates natural moisture balance
- Creates alkaline, ph-healthy inside environment
- ‘breathing’ material
- High thermal mass (inertia, buffer)
- Free of form
- Closes off airstreams
It is a self-sustaining material, but cannot carry loads like beams or cabinets. It is not a structural material, as it only supports itself. Due to its own weight, it should be placed on foundations.